Wednesday, October 4, 2017

September Wrap-Up

Check out what I read in September!!

TBR Check-In


Why do I even make a TBR right?!?!  I am too much of a mood reader, but it doesn't make sense because I really wanted to read A Court of Wings and Fury and A Crown of Midnight.  I have decided I am going to make November all about the sequels I need to finish.  I tried reading Because You Love to Hate Me, but I just was not getting into it at all.  No excuse for The Martian and The Woman in Cabin 10 and I was just not feeling The Upside of the Unrequited.  However, I did read the ARC's I needed to read for the month, so that's a plus right?!?!  

Monthly Stats


Books Read:  8
Pages Read:  2,844

7 Physical Books
1 E-book

2 ARC

8 Female Authors

5 Young Adult
2 Adult
1 Middle Grade

3 Thriller
3 Fantasy
1 Paranormal
1 Contemporary


Star Breakdown












Books I Read


Black Dawn - Mallory McCartney
I didn't like this book at all.  There were way too many mythical creatures in this book, mermens, Fae, shapeshifters, witches, etc.  I think doing more than 2 has to be done tastefully, this however was not.  The author just threw them into the story without really explaining what was going on!  I didn't like the world-building at all, I feel like in a fantasy novel that is a very important part.  Do not recommend!!

I was not a fan of this book, most of my friends on Goodreads raves about this book.  I just didn't get.  I felt like there were way too many religious references and I do not like to read about religion.  However, it wasn't preachy so that is the only way I actually got through the book.  I am going to try and read the next book in the series and see if I was just missing something.

When I Cast Your Shadow - Sarah Porter
This book was alright, I feel like it could be a really good Halloween read.  It deals with a brother and sister, whose brother died and he comes back as a ghost and possess his brother and sister.  And the way he has to get into their bodies is really intriguing.  There are really slow parts in the book that brought down my star rating.  Overall, not a bad book.

Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
I read this at the beginning of the month and I literally don't remember anything about this book.  So that tells you right now it wasn't very memorable.  

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
I really enjoyed this book and I loved Cath and Levi's relationship, sooo stinking cute!!  I loved Cath's roommate Regan her spunkiness was awesome.  Cath's twin sister Wren, I didn't like her, she was soo mean to Cath.  Then there's the fandom of Simon Snow, a fictional character that Cath obsesses over and she writes fanfiction about Simon Snow.  I honestly didn't like the parts about Simon Snow I seriously could of cared less.  All the excerpts about Simon I just skipped.  Other than the Simon Snow parts of the book, I really liked it.

You Will Know Me - Megan Abbott
This was a thriller that I really enjoyed.  Katie's daughter Devon is in competitive gymnastics and her tumbling coach's boyfriend is killed in a hit and run.  So you are trying to figure out who killed Ryan, it took me a while to figure out who is was.  I thought it was one person and then more would happen and then I would change my mind on who it was.  I loved the aspect of gymnastics, I love gymnastics I could watch it all day long!  I thought this was a great thriller, definitely recommend!!

Its Harry Potter what is there to say, except that its amazing!!!

Stalking Jack the Ripper - Kerri Maniscalco 
Favorite book of the month, this book was amazing, I absolutely loved it!!!  I loved the whole forensics aspect and also the historical fiction aspect as well.  I loved Audrey she is a strong and intelligent girl and she fights for what she wants.  Audrey works with her uncle to help solve a serial murder, Jack the Ripper, case.  I loved the mystery, I had no clue who Jack the Ripper was at all and the twist at the end is soo crazy!!  I also, had a Frankenstein feel to this book.  Great book to read in the Fall!!  Highly recommend!!

What did you read in September?  Let me know in the comments!!


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.