Friday, August 11, 2017

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

The Sun Is Also a Star
Nicola Yoon
Published November 1st 2016 by Delacorte Press
Genres:  Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Summary:

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

Add to Goodreads

My Thoughts

Natasha is a Jamaican immigrant and is illegally living in the US since she was eight years old.  She finds out her family is being deported back to Jamaica.  She is doing everything she can to keep her family from being deported.  She then meets Daniel the same day she is suppose to be deported.  While this book takes place in a span of one day.  


This book was mah for me, I seriously hate insta loves and this book had a major one. I just don't understand how you can love someone and want to be with them forever when you first meet them. I mean come on, seriously that does not happen in the real life!! 

Other than the insta love, the book had a good plot. I was interested to know if Natasha was going to get deported or not. Other than that, I didn't really care. 

MAH!!


Rating


Post a Comment

© Kendra Loves Books. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.